I decided to have a hoon with Fusion 360 following free tutorials from Terrance of RC CAD-2-VR, Im incredibly greatful to people like him who share their knowledge and passion.
- Download Fusion 360, its free for personal and hobby use.
- Working images (L-1011 Footprint Diagram, L-1011 Profile Diagam, L-1011 Front Elevation Diagram)
- Z: up and down
- X: lateral
- Y: depth
Canvas-> Browse for image -> Select
Face(this is the axis)
- Expand the image, place at start of origin point
- Repeat for all axis
To calibrate the canvas
- Set unit of measure (top left under
Document Settings, mm is the default)
- Right click each canvase and select
- Select nose center (center top) and then select the very edge where the wing ends. Set this to half the wing span. EG: 1000mm /2 = 500mm
- Calibrate help - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui-rieDDdTQ