Amazing malva pudding recipe my mother in law borrowed from Oprah :)
Baking time : 40-50 minutes until firm.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 table spoon butter
- 4 table spoons apricot jam
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tea spoons vinigar
- 2 tea spoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 tea spoon bicarb of soda
- 1 cup cream
- 7 table spoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
Grease oven proof dish.
- Beat together the sugar, egg, butter and apricot jam.
- Combine in the milk, vinigar, vanilla essence and bicarb of soda
- Sift in the cake flour and combine
- Pour batter into dish and cover with foil
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes until firm
- Combine sauce over high heat bringing to boil
- Pour the sauce over the cooked cake and allow to soak
- Serve warm with dollops of vanilla ice cream