Early on in my working career I did telephonic and Email support for Vodacom Messaging which is run by Always Active Technologies in Kloof, South Africa. I struggled with spelling and grammar but fortunately a senior Systems Architect took a personal interest in me and often commented on my Emails offering advice, spelling and grammar corrections.
Later he was fundamental in my software development path and I will forever be grateful for the help and patience. These days I try read and learn as much as possible, this page dedicated to documenting words I have to google the meaning of and would probably struggle to spell.
- A person who settles a dispute or has ultimate authority in a matter.
- Code Entropy
- As systems around our code change, the code left untouched becomes brittle.
- A proposition that follows from (and is often appended to) one already proved.
- Deliberately avoid using; abstain from.
- A person who is new to a subject or activity.
- A typical example or pattern of something; a pattern or model.
- In the field of programming, this term refers to the “best practices” of programming.
- In a way that relates to the style in which something is written or done.
- In a brief and clearly expressed manner.