NOTE – if you are going to run kubernetes then you will need Hyper-V which will fight with VMWare, rather use virtual-box.
Steps to install #docker on Ubuntu
- Download VMWare Workstation Player
- Download linux ISO
- ubuntu-17.10.1-server-amd64.iso (GUIs face :D)
- Add to VMware-player
- (Docker VM) un/pw carl/carl
- (PSQL VM) un/pw carl/carl
- After the install, allow Putty Session for remote management
sudo apt-get update
** Also see other FTP Server Options **
- Putty to the server on the IP from the above command, then run the following commands
#(1) Set up the docker repository
#(2) Install Docker CE
#(3) Verify the installation
If you have different flavors you may need to add different repository’s as seen below.
If you are running ‘artful’ you will need to use this repository
sudo add-apt-repository "deb [arch=amd64] https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu artful stable"
sudo apt install apt-transport-https ca-certificates curl software-properties-common